Thursday, April 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandpa!


Here is a picture of my Grandpa at his 93rd birthday party. I forgot my camera (shame on me), but was reminded that I had a cell phone and could capture the moment that way. Not too bad, seeing as I am about 12 feet away from him at the other end of the table!

It truly is difficult to see age just take a person over like it has my Grandpa! His mind is still as sharp as ever, but his body is failing miserably. He used to be this strong man that would carry arm loads of wood in during the wintertime, and now he is this frail, hunched over, little old man that needs help getting out of a chair, who can no longer go out to visit family and friends. This was a rare opportunity to celebrate with him and we took full advantage of it.

I will always be that 5-year-old little girl who sat under his drafting table while he drew up house plans and will fondly remember him in that regard. I love you Grandpa!

1 comment:

Jay said...

Aw, the five-year-old girl part makes me want to cry a little. You are a sweet granddaughter, and he looks like a sweet grandpa.

Meanwhile, I'm off to read more of my "You Staying Young" book.